It was initially made for the5k 2002. Unfortunately the contest got cancelled so I waited for an opportunity to release it while adding more features and optimizing the game beyond all my expectations.
The 3D TOMB II mini site
Check the 3D TOMB II mini site for more information and to play.
A total of 144 textures are generated based on 6 base textures, 3 tone maps and 8 mathematical patterns.
To render not only the walls but also the floor and ceiling in a size efficient manner, floorcasting was favored over the traditional 2 passes rayscating approach. Using mirroring and time coherence between frames allowed for a frame rate of 10-15fps in Internet Explorer, back in 2002.
arrow keys to move and turn around,
c to strafe left and right, and
space to shoot.
Fan made gameplay video circa November 2007.
- PLAY 3D Tomb II
- Mini site of 3D Tomb II : The tomb of the 4096 mummies
- 3D Tomb II on pouet.net
- 3D Tomb II on the Indie Game Source Database
Other recent experiments
There are many experiments and projects like 3D TOMB II to discover other here.
- ART×JS AT FFCONF ART×JS was the closing talk at FFconf 2016. The goal was to bring new developer artists to the web by abusing standards and developing a visual understanding of mathematics.
- SUDOKU SOLVER Solves a Sudoku grid using magic, recursion, and 140bytes of brute force.
- RUBBER IN SOLID # A crazy twister effect in 256bytes of DHTML
- OOMA 2 Rotozoom with tilt and experimental music in a valid 480bytes Atari bootsector.
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.