It was initially made for the5k 2002. Unfortunately the contest got cancelled so I waited for an opportunity to release it while adding more features and optimizing the game beyond all my expectations.
The 3D TOMB II mini site
Check the 3D TOMB II mini site for more information and to play.
A total of 144 textures are generated based on 6 base textures, 3 tone maps and 8 mathematical patterns.
To render not only the walls but also the floor and ceiling in a size efficient manner, floorcasting was favored over the traditional 2 passes rayscating approach. Using mirroring and time coherence between frames allowed for a frame rate of 10-15fps in Internet Explorer, back in 2002.
arrow keys to move and turn around,
c to strafe left and right, and
space to shoot.
Fan made gameplay video circa November 2007.
- PLAY 3D Tomb II
- Mini site of 3D Tomb II : The tomb of the 4096 mummies
- 3D Tomb II on pouet.net
- 3D Tomb II on the Indie Game Source Database
Other recent experiments
There are many experiments and projects like 3D TOMB II to discover other here.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS AT WEB AUDIO CONFERENCE The Web Audio Conference 2018, held in September 19-21 in Berlin was a great mix of researchers, web developers, artists and performers presenting their projects. I had the chance to provide a deep dive into music for tiny airports, explaining how to generate hours and hours of music in a handful of bytes.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS 2/1 🛫 Celebrating the 40 years anniversary of Brian Eno's "Ambient 1: Music for Airports" with an homage written in 256 bytes with the Web Audio API.
- THEY COME AT DUSK 👺 A survival horror game for JS1k 2018, where you run away from dead miners as you hear your heart beat. Turn around using the arrow keys until all you hear is beeeeeeeep.
- SUDOKU SOLVER Solves a Sudoku grid using magic, recursion, and 140bytes of brute force.
- RUBBER IN SOLID # A crazy twister effect in 256bytes of DHTML
- OOMA 2 Rotozoom with tilt and experimental music in a valid 480bytes Atari bootsector.
- PULPINA Winning 64kb DOS intro at the Volcanic party 1997, made in one week, in Pacal.
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.