It's always fun and interesting to enter the JS1k competitions but I am a demoscener at heart. My whole work goes in that direction: Most bang for your buck! With some style on top!
June 2012: DemoJS and its 1k demo competition were one month away and I could feel MATRAKA touch on reality. It was time to make this happen.
It was four intensive weeks but with the help of 4MAT the result went beyond my initial vision. Despite its small size MATRAKA is my most complete and DEMO-ish production to date. The feedback was aboslutely amazing too.
Fast forward to July 2013 where I went to DEMOJS with another 1k intro, MINAMI DISTRICT, and to give a talk explaining the development process of MATRAKA. Check the source of the slides to read some of my notes. Hopefuly this will shed some light about this little puppy.
Of course MATRAKA is available on Pouet.net where all comments and thumbs up are appreciated.
Hope you like this little production.
Other recent projects
There are many experiments and projects like MATRAKA to discover other here.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS 2/1 🛫 Celebrating the 40 years anniversay of Brian Eno's "Ambient 1: Music for Airports" with an homage written in 256 bytes with the Web Audio API.
- THEY COME AT DUSK 👺 A survival horror game for JS1k 2018, where you run away from dead miners as you hear your heart beat. Turn around using the arrow keys until all you hear is beeeeeeeep.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists.
- HYPERSONIC MANDELBULB A hasty invalid JS1k entry using webGL+Audio. Possibly the first one.
- MICRO NOVA Quite possibly the smallest WebGL demo effect. Micro Nova clocks under 512bytes and shows supernova-like blasting colors.
- COPTER CRUISE A simple Commanche-like that won the 20lines 'Terrain' contest at the OzoneAsylum in July 2004
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.