A voxel landscape rendered using a plasma in a valid 480bytes Atari bootsector. TERRA ranked #2 at Outline 2006
Using a plasma - a colorful pattern made by changing the color multiple times per scanline - was very tempting as it is a very compact and stable way to render outside of the normal 320x200 screen resolution. This allowed to get a nice landscape feel to the intro. However it also means that each vertical slice of the voxel landscape is at least 12 pixels wide and a multiple of 4. In the case of TERRA, the vertical slices are 24 pixels wide.
Other recent projects
There are many experiments and projects like TERRA to discover other here.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS AT WEB AUDIO CONFERENCE The Web Audio Conference 2018, held in September 19-21 in Berlin was a great mix of researchers, web developers, artists and performers presenting their projects. I had the chance to provide a deep dive into music for tiny airports, explaining how to generate hours and hours of music in a handful of bytes.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS 2/1 🛫 Celebrating the 40 years anniversary of Brian Eno's "Ambient 1: Music for Airports" with an homage written in 256 bytes with the Web Audio API.
- THEY COME AT DUSK 👺 A survival horror game for JS1k 2018, where you run away from dead miners as you hear your heart beat. Turn around using the arrow keys until all you hear is beeeeeeeep.
- MUSIC SOFTSYNTH This is the brain child of 140byt.es and Experimental music from very short C programs.
- MANDELBROT ROTOZOOM Many people did fractals renderers in Javasript in 256 bytes, but no one ever made one that zooms and rotate... until today.
- FIRE Warming up with a 32 bytes fire effect for MSDOS after a few years break from the demoscene for studies and work.
- SIERPINSKI GASKET A cute Sierpinski gaskets in 96 bytes of DHTML.
- 256B.HTM ROUND 2 The second edition of the 256B.HTM contest allowed 3 entries per author. Mine ranked 1st, 2nd and 4th out of 43. Only a few points shy of a total take over!
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.