Warning, this is the party designed for 1920x1080. ASTRA was tested in Firefox, Chrome and Opera but Firefox' canvas implementation is starting to lag behind. Prefer to use a Chromium based browser or to watch the video capture this time.
- Packed version in 1920x1080 that fits in 1002 bytes
- Packed version in 1280x720 that fits in 1001 bytes
- Full archive submitted at the Assembly 2016
- Video capture of ASTRA on YouTube
- ASTRA on Pouet.net, the demoscene portal
Technical tid bits
TL;DW: 2D Canvas, 2 octaves vector field using smoothstep, web Audio API, naugthty renderloop
Thanks to Adinpsz Epoch @kaneel @frksr Ferris, and everyone pushing the limits with style!
Other recent projects
There are many experiments and projects like ASTRA to discover other here.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists.
- BREATHING EARTH Another take on Nadieh Bremer mesmerizing Breathing Earth visualisation, running at 60fps on a 2D Canvas without libraries or frameworks.
- ART×JS AT FFCONF ART×JS was the closing talk at FFconf 2016. The goal was to bring new developer artists to the web by abusing standards and developing a visual understanding of mathematics.
- 10 PRINT THEREMIN AT WEB REBELS A lighting talk about labyrinth generation and theremin instrument using the Web Audio API in 219 bytes presented at Web Rebels 2016.
- SUDOKU SOLVER Solves a Sudoku grid using magic, recursion, and 140bytes of brute force.
- SIERPINSKI GASKET A cute Sierpinski gaskets in 96 bytes of DHTML.
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.