Warning, this is the party designed for 1920x1080. ASTRA was tested in Firefox, Chrome and Opera but Firefox' canvas implementation is starting to lag behind. Prefer to use a Chromium based browser or to watch the video capture this time.
- Packed version in 1920x1080 that fits in 1002 bytes
- Packed version in 1280x720 that fits in 1001 bytes
- Full archive submitted at the Assembly 2016
- Video capture of ASTRA on YouTube
- ASTRA on Pouet.net, the demoscene portal
Technical tid bits
TL;DW: 2D Canvas, 2 octaves vector field using smoothstep, web Audio API, naugthty renderloop
Thanks to Adinpsz Epoch @kaneel @frksr Ferris, and everyone pushing the limits with style!
Other recent projects
There are many experiments and projects like ASTRA to discover other here.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS 2/1 🛫 Celebrating the 40 years anniversay of Brian Eno's "Ambient 1: Music for Airports" with an homage written in 256 bytes with the Web Audio API.
- THEY COME AT DUSK 👺 A survival horror game for JS1k 2018, where you run away from dead miners as you hear your heart beat. Turn around using the arrow keys until all you hear is beeeeeeeep.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists.
- DWITTER SON1K DWITTER—SON1K, the winning entry of JS1k 2017 is a social AudioVisual LIVE coding environment for the Twitter generation.
- ART×JS AT FFCONF ART×JS was the closing talk at FFconf 2016. The goal was to bring new developer artists to the web by abusing standards and developing a visual understanding of mathematics.
- 10 PRINT THEREMIN AT WEB REBELS A lighting talk about labyrinth generation and theremin instrument using the Web Audio API in 219 bytes presented at Web Rebels 2016.
- HYPERSONIC MANDELBULB A hasty invalid JS1k entry using webGL+Audio. Possibly the first one.
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.