Flyby the city of Asahikawa in 64 bytes.
Is that even possible ?
There had been some great 64 bytes intro for DOS, but no voxel landscape so far. I wondered whether it was possible to fit this effect in 64 bytes for almost a year before sitting down and doing it. Turned out to be perfect time as Asahikawa beat another talented coder by a few hours and became the first 64 bytes intro to feature a voxel effect.
; ; A s a h i k a w a ; ; 64b city landscape ; ; Mathieu 'p01' Henri ; http://www.p01.org/ ; ; january 21st, 2007 ; org 100h mov al,13h int 10h mov bh,0a0h mov es,bx main: mov ax,di cdq mov bx,320 div bx ; ax = y, dx = x sub dx,160 mov bx,dx ; bx = x-160 inc ax ; xchg cx,ax ; cx = y+1 mov ah,32 cwd div cx ; ax = perspScale = ~y projected imul bx,ax ; bx = (x-160)*perspScale = ~x projected add ax,si ; frame offset and al,240 ; al = v*16 shr bx,12 ; bx = u xlat ; buildings 'LUT' xor ax,bp ; al = ~height of the building push di loop_y: or al,16 stosb sub di,321 inc ax and al,15 jnz loop_y pop di inc di jnz main inc si ; next frame jnz main db 03h ; <3
Obviously Asahikawa is available on Pouet
Other recent experiments
There are many experiments and projects like ASAHIKAWA to discover other here.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists.
- BREATHING EARTH Another take on Nadieh Bremer mesmerizing Breathing Earth visualisation, running at 60fps on a 2D Canvas without libraries or frameworks.
- THREAD JS Breaking the 64 bytes fronteer with the famous "10 print" maze generator.
- MANDELBROT ROTOZOOM Many people did fractals renderers in Javasript in 256 bytes, but no one ever made one that zooms and rotate... until today.
- MAGIC A cute little intro for the Magic BBS made in 3.5kb for MSDOS
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.