There is also a plain version in 209 bytes
<body id=B text=snow bgColor=0><script>O=setInterval("m='p01 256b Starfield';c=Math.cos;for(o=0;o<65;)m+='<p style=position:absolute;top:'+(50+(z=399/(73-(++o+O++&63)))*c(o*.9))+'%;left:'+(50+z*c(o))+(z>>4?'%>.':'%;color:#456>.');B.innerHTML=m",9)</script>
256 bytes for the polished version above with title, colors and fog and 209 bytes for the plain version below
<body id=B text=tan bgColor=0><script>setInterval("m='';c=Math.cos;for(u=65;u;)m+='<p style=position:absolute;top:'+(50+(z=399/(9+(--U+u--&63)))*c(u*9))+'%;left:'+(50+z*c(u))+'%>�';B.innerHTML=m",U=9)</script>
The cool tricks were the TOTORO smiley
++o+O++ that increases the zoom ratio and the index of the stars, and the use of
Math.cos with fixed angles per star to give their direction.
The feedback for Starfield on pouet was rather nice.
Other recent experiments
There are many experiments and projects like STARFIELD to discover other here.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS 2/1 🛫 Celebrating the 40 years anniversary of Brian Eno's "Ambient 1: Music for Airports" with an homage written in 256 bytes with the Web Audio API.
- THEY COME AT DUSK 👺 A survival horror game for JS1k 2018, where you run away from dead miners as you hear your heart beat. Turn around using the arrow keys until all you hear is beeeeeeeep.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists.
- RUBBER IN SOLID # A crazy twister effect in 256bytes of DHTML
- OOMA 2 Rotozoom with tilt and experimental music in a valid 480bytes Atari bootsector.
- ASAHIKAWA Flyby the city of Asahikawa in 64 bytes.
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.