There is also a plain version in 209 bytes
<body id=B text=snow bgColor=0><script>O=setInterval("m='p01 256b Starfield';c=Math.cos;for(o=0;o<65;)m+='<p style=position:absolute;top:'+(50+(z=399/(73-(++o+O++&63)))*c(o*.9))+'%;left:'+(50+z*c(o))+(z>>4?'%>.':'%;color:#456>.');B.innerHTML=m",9)</script>
256 bytes for the polished version above with title, colors and fog and 209 bytes for the plain version below
<body id=B text=tan bgColor=0><script>setInterval("m='';c=Math.cos;for(u=65;u;)m+='<p style=position:absolute;top:'+(50+(z=399/(9+(--U+u--&63)))*c(u*9))+'%;left:'+(50+z*c(u))+'%>�';B.innerHTML=m",U=9)</script>
The cool tricks were the TOTORO smiley
++o+O++ that increases the zoom ratio and the index of the stars, and the use of
Math.cos with fixed angles per star to give their direction.
The feedback for Starfield on pouet was rather nice.
Other recent experiments
There are many experiments and projects like STARFIELD to discover other here.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists.
- BREATHING EARTH Another take on Nadieh Bremer mesmerizing Breathing Earth visualisation, running at 60fps on a 2D Canvas without libraries or frameworks.
- WOLF1K The idea of this entry for the JS1K contest was to do the impossible: a 1K remake of the famous WOLF5K that rocked the final edition of the5K. It does not feature guns, evil grins and violence for in WOLF1K there is no room for guns or any form of violence.
- OOMA 2 Rotozoom with tilt and experimental music in a valid 480bytes Atari bootsector.
- ASAHIKAWA Flyby the city of Asahikawa in 64 bytes.
- OOMA The winning bootsector of Outline 2005, featuring two images zooming with experimental music in a valid 480bytes Atari bootsector.
- MAGIC A cute little intro for the Magic BBS made in 3.5kb for MSDOS
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.