Winning 64kb DOS intro at the Volcanic party 1997, made in one week, in Pacal.
For a one week production, it turned rather nice. I was still new to the PC scene. Pascal is a strange language I never really fell in love with but that's all I had to code on PC then. Managing the memory in "real mode", by chunks of 64kb and with only access to the first 640kb or so was a pain to work with as a rookie PC coder.
It was a great pleasure to receive some graphics from Antony of Pulse. Antony has a vibrant style, that can you still feel in the creations of Periscope.
Despite the technical hurdles of exploring a new platform with little tools, I enjoyed Pulpina.
Pulpina is available at Pouet.net for comments and thumbs.
Other recent experiments
There are many experiments and projects like PULPINA to discover other here.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS 2/1 🛫 Celebrating the 40 years anniversary of Brian Eno's "Ambient 1: Music for Airports" with an homage written in 256 bytes with the Web Audio API.
- THEY COME AT DUSK 👺 A survival horror game for JS1k 2018, where you run away from dead miners as you hear your heart beat. Turn around using the arrow keys until all you hear is beeeeeeeep.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists.
- MICRO NOVA Quite possibly the smallest WebGL demo effect. Micro Nova clocks under 512bytes and shows supernova-like blasting colors.
- WOLF1K The idea of this entry for the JS1K contest was to do the impossible: a 1K remake of the famous WOLF5K that rocked the final edition of the5K. It does not feature guns, evil grins and violence for in WOLF1K there is no room for guns or any form of violence.
- EQUALIZER A little intro for the famous Equalizer BBS made in 4kb for MSDOS
- MAGIC A cute little intro for the Magic BBS made in 3.5kb for MSDOS
- URYA A sweet text mode 64kb intro on PC, written in PASCAL and showed at the WIRED'96 demoparty where it ranked 4th.
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.