Winning 64kb DOS intro at the Volcanic party 1997, made in one week, in Pacal.
For a one week production, it turned rather nice. I was still new to the PC scene. Pascal is a strange language I never really fell in love with but that's all I had to code on PC then. Managing the memory in "real mode", by chunks of 64kb and with only access to the first 640kb or so was a pain to work with as a rookie PC coder.
It was a great pleasure to receive some graphics from Antony of Pulse. Antony has a vibrant style, that can you still feel in the creations of Periscope.
Despite the technical hurdles of exploring a new platform with little tools, I enjoyed Pulpina.
Pulpina is available at Pouet.net for comments and thumbs.
Other recent experiments
There are many experiments and projects like PULPINA to discover other here.
- TV NOISE Fall 2011, another meme struck Pouet.net. TV NOISE. Over the course of a few weeks, every single platform went psssh. There you go open web platform: TV noise in 128 bytes.
- ASAHIKAWA Flyby the city of Asahikawa in 64 bytes.
- 256B.HTM The first edition of the 256B.HTM contest allowed 5 entries per author. Mine ranked 1st, 10th, 19th and 29th out of 63.
- MAGIC A cute little intro for the Magic BBS made in 3.5kb for MSDOS
- URYA A sweet text mode 64kb intro on PC, written in PASCAL and showed at the WIRED'96 demoparty where it ranked 4th.
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.