<body onload=setInterval("S=Math.sin;with(R.getContext('2d'))for(fillRect(0,0,300,150,drawImage(R,9,2,282,148,0,3,300,150),fillStyle='rgba(99,0,42,.01)'),a+=x=88;x--;fillRect(x*4,75+S(a+x/27+S(x/9)*S(a*2-x/15))*20,4,3))fillStyle='#c60'",a=9)><canvas id=R>
The landscape is a simple curve rendered with a zoom blur. It is not a voxel landscape like in the original MARS 4Kb intro but conceptually the effect is exactly a landscape rendered in perspective.
Other recent experiments
There are many experiments and projects like MARS LANDSCAPE to discover other here.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS AT WEB AUDIO CONFERENCE The Web Audio Conference 2018, held in September 19-21 in Berlin was a great mix of researchers, web developers, artists and performers presenting their projects. I had the chance to provide a deep dive into music for tiny airports, explaining how to generate hours and hours of music in a handful of bytes.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS 2/1 🛫 Celebrating the 40 years anniversary of Brian Eno's "Ambient 1: Music for Airports" with an homage written in 256 bytes with the Web Audio API.
- THEY COME AT DUSK 👺 A survival horror game for JS1k 2018, where you run away from dead miners as you hear your heart beat. Turn around using the arrow keys until all you hear is beeeeeeeep.
- MINAMI DISTRICT DEMOJS 2013's winner 1k intro. With MINAMI DISTRICT I wanted to do something fresh. Something never seen in normal demos before: A city with a twister skyscraper.
- MUSIC SOFTSYNTH This is the brain child of 140byt.es and Experimental music from very short C programs.
- SUDOKU SOLVER Solves a Sudoku grid using magic, recursion, and 140bytes of brute force.
- TILT SHIFT A very fast & simple tilt-shift effect in Canvas.
- PNEBULA Almost the first 256b intro using Canvas ever :p
- COPTER CRUISE A simple Commanche-like that won the 20lines 'Terrain' contest at the OzoneAsylum in July 2004
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.