<body onload=setInterval("S=Math.sin;with(R.getContext('2d'))for(fillRect(0,0,300,150,drawImage(R,9,2,282,148,0,3,300,150),fillStyle='rgba(99,0,42,.01)'),a+=x=88;x--;fillRect(x*4,75+S(a+x/27+S(x/9)*S(a*2-x/15))*20,4,3))fillStyle='#c60'",a=9)><canvas id=R>
The landscape is a simple curve rendered with a zoom blur. It is not a voxel landscape like in the original MARS 4Kb intro but conceptually the effect is exactly a landscape rendered in perspective.
Other recent projects
There are many experiments and projects like MARS LANDSCAPE to discover other here.
- MUSIC FOR TINY AIRPORTS 2/1 🛫 Celebrating the 40 years anniversary of Brian Eno's "Ambient 1: Music for Airports" with an homage written in 256 bytes with the Web Audio API.
- THEY COME AT DUSK 👺 A survival horror game for JS1k 2018, where you run away from dead miners as you hear your heart beat. Turn around using the arrow keys until all you hear is beeeeeeeep.
- FRONTFEST MOSCOW It was an honour to be invited to Fronfest Moscow 2017 with the little family to give my first workshop; implementing a Twin-stick shooter using ES6 and Canvas, and to continue my CODE🎙ART series of talks + live coding aiming to inspire new web developer artists.
- MINI DISTRICT How to build a 3D City in 256 bytes with Canvas 2D
- TILT SHIFT A very fast & simple tilt-shift effect in Canvas.
- PNEBULA Almost the first 256b intro using Canvas ever :p
- PULPINA Winning 64kb DOS intro at the Volcanic party 1997, made in one week, in Pacal.
Don't be shy; get in touch by mail, twitter, github, linkedin or pouet if you have any questions, feedback, speaking, workshop or performance opportunity.